We at FishThe.US run a blogging service and would be extremely happy if all anglers come to use it. Our service is completely free. It is designed to give our anglers as much control and ownership over their content as possible and we encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure none of the prohibited items listen below appear in your Account or get linked from your site (such as spam, viruses, or hate content).
The types of authors we are looking for are those who will share their experiences on camping, boating and other fishing excursions no matter how short, long, local or exotic they are. In addition to sharing your fishing experiences we’re looking for anglers who want to educate others. Historically, fishing has been a very secretive hobby. To a certain extent we agree that it should be. Education is the core purpose of FishThe.US closely followed by the sense of community. Any information you are willing to share about your techniques and any product reviews you can write about will inform those looking to learn and will start discussion amongst those who agree and disagree.
If you find an author is violating our terms of service, please report them to the FishThe.US Administrators.
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the FishThe.US website and all content, service and products available at or through the website. It is owned an operated by John Sexton and Drew Rossi. The website is offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this page by the owners.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the website. By accessing or using any part of the website, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by FishThe.US, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your FishThe.US Account and Posts. If You write any Content on the Website You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the Account and any other action taken in connection with the Website. You must not describe or assign keywords in your Content in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and FishThe.US may change or remove any description or keyword that it consideres inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause FishThe.US liability. You must immediately notify FishThe.US of any unauthorized uses of your Account or any other breaches of security. FishThe.US will not be liable for any acts of omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If You operate an Account, comment on a page, post materials to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the Content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, You represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, You have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- You have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your posts are not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and websites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your Account is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your first name, last name, or display name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by FishThe.US or otherwise.
By submitting Content to FishThe.US for inclusion on your Account, you grant FishThe.US a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your posts. If you delete Content, FishThe.US will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, FishThe.US has the right (though not the obligation) to, in FishThe.US’ sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in FishThe.US’ reasonable opinion violates any FishThe.US policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in FishThe.US’ sole discretion. FishThe.US will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts paid.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. FishThe.US has not reviewed, and cannot review all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, FishThe.US does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believe such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. FishThe.US disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which FishThe.US links, and that link to FishThe.US. FishThe.US does not have any control over those non-FishThe.US websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-FishThe.US website or webpage, FishThe.US does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Automattic disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-WordPress websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As FishThe.US asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by FishThe.US violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify FishThe.US. FishThe.US will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. FishThe.US will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of FishThe.US or others. In the case of such termination, FishThe.US will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to FishThe.US.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from FishThe.US to you any FishThe.US or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with FishThe.US. FishThe.US, the FishThe.US logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with FishThe.US, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of FishThe.US or FishThe.US licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any FishThe.US or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. FishThe.US reserves the right to display advertisements on your content.
- Attribution. FishThe.US reserves the right to display attribution links on pages containing your content. Website structure may not be altered or removed.
- Changes. FishThe.US reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. FishThe.US may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. FishThe.US may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your FishThe.US account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. FishThe.US and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither FishThe.US nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will FishThe.US, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. FishThe.US shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FishThe.US, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between FishThe.US and You concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of FishThe.US, or by the posting by FishThe.US of a revised version. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Automattic may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Produced on November 13, 2013